European Cultural Routes as key actors in the promotion of European cultural heritage
In the months of October and November 2021, two training programmes have been carried out, in Forlì and Barcelona, dealing with two of the four main topic areas. Sources and Cultural Management. For more details download the respective programmes:
WalkEUR is a cooperation project, co-funded by the European Union under the Creative Europe programme under the EACEA-32-2019 call. The overall objective of the project is to improve Cultural Routes' skills and competences, through the capacities of their cultural operators. CRs will put in practice pilot experiences that will contribute to the process of capacity building in 4 main topic areas: Sources, Story Telling, Cultural Management and Citizens involvement. Furthermore, WalkEUR intends to develop dissemination tools to transfer the gained knowledge to other cultural operators and cultural routes.
The project brings together 4 certified cultural routes:
- European Route of Ceramics
- European Route of Jewish Heritage
- European Routes of the Emperor Charles V (lead partner)
By implementing a variety of activities, the project will lead to the following results:
- Improvement of specific skills and competences of cultural routes operators through training in the 4 topics: Sources (archives), Participation of Citizens, Cultural Project Management, Marketing and Storytelling.
- Improving transnational connectivity of the networks through local training sessions to disseminate know-how to CRs members.
- Realisation of innovative outputs through the implementation of pilot actions for each partner.
- Organization of 4 transnational events to concretely involve participants in exploitating the intellectual outputs.
Duration and Budget
The project, which will last 24 months (2 November 2020 - 27 October 2022), with a budget of 279.990,00 Euro.